Nanny Wanted - Part time child care for a toddler and help with managing the house!
We are a family of two working parents with an adorable toddler who is 19 months old. I work as a doctor and my husband works in finance. Our work days can be a bit unpredictable so we need a little more help at home.
Everett is in a Montessori daycare around the corner from our house. We are looking for someone who can help with child care and household maintenance at the end of the day (i.e. cleaning, laundry, basic errands, no car required). He can be picked up between 3:30 and 4:30 from daycare depending on what needs to be done around the house and your availability. One of us will be home before 7 about half of the time, we would love it if you could spend the remaining time helping with meal prep or other tasks on these days so that we can spend some undivided time with our little man before he goes to bed.
Regarding household tasks, just so that you have a general idea, these are some of our expectations:
- Sweep when needed, mop and vacuum once per week.
- Clean 2 bathrooms once per week
- Keep the kitchen tidy i.e. dishes, wipe counters
- Everett's laundry (all stuff that goes in the washer and dryer, no ironing) usually 1-2 loads per week
- Occasional trips to the grocery store or dry cleaning pickup (walking distance, you can take Everett)
- If you like cooking, we can talk about how you can help with meal prep. Everett's dinner is usually leftovers from the night before so will require very minimal prep on your part. (Cooking is not a requirement for this job)
Everett loves going to the park (there are several within walking distance), reading stories, and colouring these days. He is just learning to talk. He is still in diapers and has a huge appetite! His favourite food are probably fish and sweet potatoes. He absolutely loves to play with water!
Hours requested - Monday to Thursday approximately 3-7PM
Start time is negotiable (we have flexibility due to daycare)
Start date: September 5th, 2017
We live 10 minutes walk from Christie Subway station and have 2 friendly cats. Please visit www.canadiannanny.ca to view full details and to apply. FREE REGISTRATION and lots of jobs to choose from!