Vanderpol Eggs Ltd is a company who values their employees. Located in the Fraser Valley, we are a family owned company proudly servicing local and international customers for 65 years. This stability has not limited our ongoing growth and therefore has created numerous advancement opportunities for employees at all levels. We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, listen to our employees, communicate company information, and provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and also prepare them for career opportunities. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Vanderpol’s Eggs is looking for a Lab Technician to work from its Abbotsford facility. The primary role of the Lab Technician is responsibility for all Lab activities and testing required for the manufacture of food products (egg & dairy related). Working within our in-house laboratory, the key focus areas for this position are Quality & Customer Focus including receiving lab samples, preparation for testing of samples, testing and analysis of samples, quality control (we’re recognized for top quality products), output (bench sheets and results reports), ISO 17025, safety & environment (keeping you safe), and continuous improvement (we welcome your ideas).
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants with the following experience and skills - beneficial to performing this role – will have first consideration
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Microbiology and two years of experience; or Associate Degree in Science with an emphasis in microbiology, preferably, and 2-3 years’ experience in a laboratory preferably related to food or a similar industry.
- Demonstrated skills with laboratory information management systems (LIMS);
- Knowledge of development approaches, method validations and GLP Guidelines;
- Good knowledge of quality control statistics and documentation, as well as adherence to standard operating procedures;
- Ability to perform under ISO 17025 standards for quality;
- You must be available to perform testing duties during weekend & holiday rotations.
- Experience with analytical and microbiological procedures related to foods.
- Experience in laboratory documentation including regulatory documents, protocols, and SOPs.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve team goals and expectations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask;
- Interest in quality control related to food products, testing, and implementation of new approaches in analysis